Everyone here at Boston Eye Group hopes that this letter finds you and your loved ones healthy and in good spirits. As we all look forward to emerging from our collective pandemic response we want to share with you the changes we have implemented to ensure that you receive excellent care and that your health and our community’s health is being protected.
During the past several weeks we have been optimizing our practices and protocols to ensure your safety.
- Offering Telehealth visits for those patients who would prefer to discuss their eye care over video internet conferencing. FAQs about Telehealth Visits.
- Pre-visit health screening of all staff and patients.
- Full appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff.
- Provided medical grade face masks for all patients.
- Acrylic barriers at all exam microscopes and administrative desks
- Separation of testing clinics from regular clinics
- Removal of non-essential but frequently touched item like magazines, water/coffee dispensers
- New and frequent office cleaning policies
- HEPA air filtration where appropriate
- Protocols to ensure social distancing while in the office:
- maximizing physical separation of all patients
- optimizing patient appointment times
- minimizing movement through the clinic spaces
Beginning June 1st our offices will resume seeing essential and emergent patients. Most, but not all of our doctors will be working a regular schedule with extended hours.
You may notice some adjustments in doctors schedules as we may need to have our providers adjust their clinics to give priority to patients who need surgery. This may mean shifting your upcoming visit to another provider selected by your regular doctor.
Optical Shops are now open
- Lawrence: Mon – Fri 9:00-12:00
- Brookline: Tues – Thurs 9:00-2:00
Surgical procedures will resume during Phase 2 of Massachusetts reopening (currently planned for June 8th, 2020).
Important Steps For Your Appointment
- We may have slightly altered your appointment time to fit the new schedule. If you do not receive an automated update, please confirm your appointment time prior to arrival.
- Please arrive on time (not early, not late). We want to avoid extra patients in waiting areas.
- Family members will not be permitted in the office unless essential for the care of the patient.
- Please wear a mask or facial covering at all times
- Follow social distancing recommendations as marked on the floor.
We look forward to taking care of your eyes again and we will be reaching out to help arrange for your clinic visits. You will notice many physical and process changes as you are seen in our clinics, but you will immediately recognize that our commitment to your health and well-being are as strong as always. Thank you for allowing us to care for the health of eyes and vision, we look forward to seeing you soon.
The Boston Eye Group